Republic Day 2023: India is celebrating its 74th Republic Day on 26 January. The days of 26 November 1949 and 26 January 1950 are very important in Indian history. Both the days are related to the constitution. 26 November 1949 is the day when the Constitution of India was prepared and we adopted it. This day is celebrated as Constitution Day and Law Day in the country. Exactly two months after this i.e. on 26 January 1950, it was implemented in the country. India was declared a full republic on 26 January. On the occasion of Republic Day, many types of competitions are held in the schools, colleges and government offices of the country. If you are participating in any quiz, speech (Republic Day Speech), essay or debate competition, then you should also know the important facts related to the constitution. In the quiz, definitely questions related to the constitution are asked. What is the importance of the Indian Constitution, why it was made, who played an important role, how long it took to make it, why it is the most special in the world, you will find answers to all these questions in the special things given below.
Read here the special things of the Indian Constitution
1. In the year 2015, the Government of India had decided to celebrate 26 November as ‘Constitution Day’. 2015 was a special year because that year the 125th birth anniversary of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar, the architect of the Constitution, was being celebrated.
Give this short and simple speech on 26 January Republic Day
2. The Indian Constitution is the longest written constitution in the world.
3. The Constitution of India has adopted the features of the Constitution of many countries. The Constitution of India is also called ‘Bag of Borrowings’ because most of its provisions have been taken from other countries. Many parts of it have been taken from the constitutions of the United Kingdom, America, Germany, Ireland, Australia, Canada and Japan. It describes the fundamental rights and duties of the citizens of the country, the role of the government, the powers of the Prime Minister, the President, the Governor and the Chief Minister. What is the work of the Legislature, Executive and Judiciary, what is their role in running the country, all these things are mentioned in the Constitution.
4.- These original copies of the Indian Constitution were not typed or printed. The original copy of the constitution was handwritten by Prem Bihari Narayan Raizada. It is written in italic letters through excellent calligraphy. Its every page was decorated by the artists of Santiniketan. Handwritten copies are kept in helium in the Library of Parliament.
5. What does the original look like
The original copy of the constitution is 16 inches wide.
– written on parchment sheets 22 inches long
– 251 pages were included in this manuscript
6. In how many days it was ready
It took 2 years, 11 months and 18 days to prepare the complete constitution. It was completed on 26 November 1949. This Constitution of the Republic of India came into force on January 26, 1950.
7. – The original copies of the constitution were written in two languages Hindi and English. The handwritten constitution was signed on January 24, 1950 by 284 members of the Constituent Assembly, including 15 women. Two days later, from January 26, this constitution came into force in the country.
8- Constitution Indian constitution divided into 25 parts, 448 articles and 12 lists is the largest written constitution of any world. Originally the Indian Constitution had a total of 395 articles (divided into 22 parts) and 8 schedules, but as a result of various amendments, it currently has a total of 448 articles (divided into 25 parts) and 12 schedules. The fundamental rights have been described in the third part of the constitution.
9. The basic structure of the Indian Constitution is based on the Government of India Act, 1935. The fundamental rights of the citizens in the Indian Constitution are described in the third part of the Constitution from Articles 12 to 35. The Constitution of India was created by the Constituent Assembly.
10. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar is called the creator of the Indian Constitution. India’s first law minister Dr. Bhim Ram Ambedkar was the chairman of the constitution drafting committee.